SIMBA is an intersectional social and economic transformation coalition. We organize regional businesses and consumers to build equitable community wealth, broaden ownership in the means of production, and enrich our unique community character.
We are a non-profit organization, affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance (www.amiba.net), working to build a thriving local economy and a unique community. We do this by nurturing connections for and acting as the voice of locally-owned, independent businesses and by raising awareness of the importance of buying local.
OUR GOALS FOR MEMBERS
- Work cooperatively with government officials to support and promote the interests of our town’s locally-owned, independent businesses.
- Build rapport with key media and government officials to make future reporting and local policies more responsive to the needs of locally-owned, independent businesses.
- Facilitate the sharing of skills and resources (arrange educational sessions and provide opportunities for members to meet via mixers and events).
- Organize group purchases and cooperative promotions.
- Negotiate discounted advertising rates with participating local media.
OUR GOALS FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Increase community awareness of the value of doing business with locally-owned, independent businesses.
- Build recognition of the Our IBA’s brand to help the community identify independently-owned businesses in our town.
- Support local non-profit organizations that provide service and goodwill to our community.
OUR VALUES FOR ALL
- Success for the independent, local business community
- Community involvement for Our IBA and our members
- Collaboration with our members and other community organizations
- Prosperity for the City of our town and its citizens
- Diversity in our membership and our affiliations